Saturday, November 7, 2009
CVD
Heart disease has claimed the life of quite a few members of my family, Including my mother and father. My father traveled most of the time for work and did not maintain a proper diet. My father was also overweight and had high cholesterol. I know, all of the typical warning signs right? At the age that my father passed I was unaware of what CVD was. From my own family history I must say that diet is a serious concern and would contribute greatly to the prevalence of the disease. I am not sure if father had any serious talks with his doctor regarding his heart health, but I am sure lack of education on the subject contributed to his early death. Since becoming an adult I have made serious efforts to protect my heart health of myself and my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I lost my dad to a heart attack. He came in from work and was settling down for the evening and my mom was talking to him and she left the room for about ten minutes. When she came back she found that he passed away. His heart attack could have been avoided by regular checkups with a doctor. However my dad being the stubborn but lovable person that he was thought just because he was not overweight and could still move around like he was in his 40s blinded him to the fact that his smoking and some of the highly saturated foods he ate would affect him in the long run. His death like many others had opened my eyes to what we as people need to do to keep ourselves as healthy as possible.
ReplyDeleteI can certainly understand your concern about your family history of heart disease. As most of us have sad tales about family member’s not getting proper health checkups or following doctors advice about their health our generation has to be vigilant about our health. We have to learn from their mistakes and adopt healthy lifestyles as not to repeat the cycle. It is difficult at times to be healthy, just finding time to exercise is the hardest part. Not smoking is the easiest thing to avoid and eating healthy can be a challenge as well. If only I had a personal trainer and chef I would be set!!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you lost your father so early it must be very tough. My father also has heart disease and he is a diabetic. He has already had a heart attack and he started to take care of himself for ahile. He is back to his old ways now and I am very worried about him. I preach to him but he sort of listens. It is kind of sad because he acts as though he does not really care he just wants to live the way he likes to live, and unfortunatly that includes a very bad diet and no exercise. Christy
ReplyDelete